So - I have already been tagged, and followed through like a good person. But, in the spirit of being a good person (you have to do it more than once in your life, I hear) I will succumb to the pressure. [Besides, I have a girl cat on my lap, so I need to kill some time while she sleeps for a minute... They are SO spoiled!]
10 Years Ago:
Uh... I was thirteen... a big, bad, 8th grader at Wasatch Middle School. I was probably failing Algebra 2 miserably, enjoying every minute of Mrs. Spanos' English/Lit class, reading every book I could get my hands on that even remotely related to the Holocaust - this meant some serious sucking up to Mrs. Orr, the librarian, to let me see the "special books" that she wasn't supposed to check out to people. I think, at this point, I also wanted to be a "stewardess" - as it was still okay to call them back then - even though I had never flown on an airplane before. And - undoubtedly, I was boy crazy as ever, but too embarrassed to do anything [productive] about it...
5 Things on my To-Do List Today:
- dishes
- clean the office in preparation to turn it into a nursery this weekend [yay!]
- laundry
- go learn about drugs at my childbirth class
- work on some cross-stitching
Snacks I Enjoy:
- ice cream
- cereal
- ice cream
- toast
- ice cream
- candy
- ummm.... ice cream
Things I would do if I were a Billionaire:
- pay off student loans and not take any more out
- buy a house... a nice fixer upper as well as something a little more "suitable" for the interim.... or probably just build one that I like to begin with...but still buy flips on the side, maybe...
- put a larger amount of money into Baby LaBau's college/mission fund
- help my parents & in-laws out so they can retire or something... even though my dad says he wouldn't like it, I bet he would...
- Buy a major office supply store and keep all their inventory for my own personal use - a girl can never have too many highlighters!
- RE-DECORATE!!!
3 of my Bad Habits:
- starting projects... although I'm getting better at actually finishing them
- telling Alec how to drive - but I really do feel like my life is in danger, sometimes
- indecision while shopping - just because you can bring it back, doesn't mean you should!
5 Places I Have Lived:
- Billings, MT
- Heber, UT
- Logan, UT
- Kansas City, MO
- that's all....
5 Jobs I Have Had:
- piano teacher
- Team Leader at Hogi Yogi/Teriyaki Stix & Hollywood Video (not simultaneously)
- call center survey girl - I don't really count that one...
- stage manager
- actor
- Scheduling Director at the FAC
5 Things People Don't Know About Me:
- I have quite a temper - ok, so my family knows that, but most of the world doesn't
- I am very shy - this surprises people a lot - don't know why
- My driver license has been suspended twice - I'm much better now, and am therefore completely qualified to tell Alec how to drive, because I learned the hard way.
- When I blush, my whole body blushes, right down to my toes. I frequently find myself discretely checking to see if my arms are red at times that I'm really embarrassed.
- Uh... that's really it, I think - I'm basically an open book.
People I am Tagging:
I already tagged anyone I thought would actually do this last time, so....
- Alec - I tagged him last time and he didn't do it, and I know he was tagged already for this one, so now he HAS to.
- Anyone else that wants to :)

5 things to say...:
So, an early, obsessive Holocaust reader, huh? What started that? And do you have any recommendations? Any thoughts on the classics (Primo Levi v. Elie Wiesel)? More importantly, how is it that during my 3 semesters teaching about the Holocaust I never learned this?
Amber is shy and has a temper?? Okay so I think during some boy thing in high school I discovered that temper, but shy? That totally blows me away. The Amber I know seems to be able to do or say anything. That's what I've always loved about you. That and you were always willing to sing Raul's part when we'd sing Phantom, and you would even sing it lower than any soprano should. Oh, the good old days. I'm excited that you get to start working on your nursery. It will be lots of fun for you. Have you narrowed the name choices down yet? Keep us "posted". Hee Hee
I would just like to say that Chrislynn and I were first hand witnesses to the shy side of Amber on her first day as an Apprentice for the Lyric. She came in a little later than all the other Apprentices and they made a special introduction for her as she walked late into a meeting in the scene shop. I remember thinking, "Wow, her skin is really red for such a blond girl . . . not tan . . . red!"
Thanks Richie... that was really worth remembering... [please note the sarcasm] ;)
I want to hear more about the suspended drivers licenses! THIS is a side of Amber we haven't seen!
Post a Comment