My cute niece Savannah... and the horses they just couldn't learn how to share
My sister and her husband trying to teach the wee ones to share
Double games for everyone!!!
The deer that came to visit
Alec playing with the camera....
Learning to make chocolate mouse
Amber filling mouse cups...really it's a picture about the belly...
Oreo truffles... Alec likes to think of this shot as a moon shot... We also tried my sister-in-law's delicious eggnog truffle cup recipe, but we failed miserably with both tempering chocolate and getting the ganache to firm up appropriately... we'll have to take some lessons next time we see her!
An action shot of Alec and Savannah
Sasha decided she would come with us next time....

6 things to say...:
Excellent pictures! I'm excited about the new camera and expanded blogging potential.
Also, what is the nearest game in the first double-game shot?
It's called Dread Pirate by Front Porch Games. It's not the best game in the world - as far as you crazy gaming LaBau's go - but it's my dad's favorite. It's also a really beautifully made game. It comes in a treasure chest with heavy-duty metal playing pieces and velvet bags for jewels, etc. Here's a link to a better picture if you're interested: http://www.sportsauthority.com/largeImage/index.jsp?LargeImageURL=http%3A//TSA.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p763850dt.jpg
Oh, what a sad story! (about the candy) So sorry the recipe didn't work out.
I'm loving all the photo updates, and I have a fat stack of our own holiday pics to go through and post...I've decided I like being a voyeur more than a blogger. :)
wow it looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm curious how the double game thing works. Do you all play two different games at once? Have you tried playing Settlers of Catan. It's a personal favorite of mine. It has a ton of rules and is pretty time consuming, but it's fun. Oh and the candy looks sooo yummy. I'm impressed that you would even try something like that. I guess I use to be more willing before I had children to interupt me. And you belly looks way cute.
Clarification on double games: There are just too many of us for any one FUN game, so we split up into two groups - each person only playing one game at a time. That way we can all spend time together while playing games. And Settlers - ah yes - a personal favorite of ours as well - nothing better than the tried and true. We used to play it weekly with some friends of ours in Logan and had a routine down where we'd finish a game in 30-45 minutes flat... Those were the good ol' days. It's been a while, though :( [We miss you Calls!]
I really like that idea of two games for a large group. Sometimes it is no fun having to sit and wait forever just for your turn. I'm impressed that you could finish a game of "settlers" in 45 min. It always takes us at least 2 hours. We use to play with Sarah and Lindsay, but then they had to go and move so we haven't played it in ages either! I've thought about teaching it to some neighbors, but with all the rules, my husband doesn't have the energy to deal with it.
Post a Comment