Saturday, January 12, 2008

Family Search


So, since I have a bit of free time on my hands, I thought I would try to do my part with this whole genealogy thing. Both my father and my father-in-law probably do enough to cover themselves and all of their extended families' responsibility, so I'm helping out in a different way. From the church website, you can go on and volunteer to do some "indexing" (aka transferring old handwritten records to a digital database.) I just got on last night and have completed 84 records so far. (Not really that impressive, when you figure it was only 2 batches, and each batch only takes like 15 minutes, but still...) So, if you're bored, you should try it out. The link is attached to the picture. You just "register" really quickly by clicking on the VOLUNTEER button and filling out the little form. Then all the instructions are right there as to how to get started. (You'll need to be able to run some sort of Java program... I'm not really sure of the specifics, but a window will pop up and tell you what to do.)

3 things to say...:

Macy Perrone said...

That sounds so cool. I have always wanted to get involved in geneology but never felt I had the time to dedicate. I am going to check it out!

Macy Perrone said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I get my templates from Matie Kay. There is a link on my page under my Linky Links. Enjoy!

Havilah said...

I do this too! It is so fun to go through and read people's names and where they lived and what they did. I love it!