This is my life lately...
Diapers: When we went camping, we opted to use disposables instead of cloth - easier to deal with in the "wilderness", takes up less room when packing, etc. etc.... So that was all fine and dandy, we bought the smallest pack we could find (30) and figured that would be great... and it was... until I realized how inferior they are to cloth! #1: They stink! I know you wouldn't think so, but their chemically-created"powder fresh baby smell" sucks! Add pee and poo to that, and gross! #2: They're not any better at not leaking than cloth. After the first few days I was convinced they were, in fact, more prone to leaks.. . Looking back however, I think that's just because I forgot how to use them properly, but still... and #3: They accentuate the fact that Ethan has no bum, and I can't make them coordinate with his outfit... Therefore: I'm very glad to have my padded-bummed-baby back! :)
Diapers: When we went camping, we opted to use disposables instead of cloth - easier to deal with in the "wilderness", takes up less room when packing, etc. etc.... So that was all fine and dandy, we bought the smallest pack we could find (30) and figured that would be great... and it was... until I realized how inferior they are to cloth! #1: They stink! I know you wouldn't think so, but their chemically-created"powder fresh baby smell" sucks! Add pee and poo to that, and gross! #2: They're not any better at not leaking than cloth. After the first few days I was convinced they were, in fact, more prone to leaks.. . Looking back however, I think that's just because I forgot how to use them properly, but still... and #3: They accentuate the fact that Ethan has no bum, and I can't make them coordinate with his outfit... Therefore: I'm very glad to have my padded-bummed-baby back! :)
Thigh-Highs: When I was pregnant, I started wearing thigh-highs instead of regular nylons because they were just much more comfortable and convenient... and I've never gone back. However, in my past year's experience, I've never had a day quite like this: Last Sunday, I was wearing a relatively new pair (only been worn once before). As we're walking out to the car, the right one starts falling a bit.. "Hmm.. That's annoying," I think. "Oh well, I'll fix it when we get to the car." So I do... The day progresses... Ethan screams during sacrament, and not thinking, I just whip him out the door.. Luckily for me, the YW room is right across from the chapel because little Mr. Droopy had successfully fallen to my knee (my skirt was about 3 inches longer than my knee) and little Mr. Lefty isn't far behind... The day progresses with me being chained to my chair for fear that I will be spontaneously de-clothed right in the middle of church... (I made Alec take Ethan for the rest of the day)... So we're walking out to the car after church, and by the time we get to our car - which is parked in the front row - both legs have fallen past my knees and are well on their way to my ankles... Grr.. Let's hope we don't have a repeat tomorrow when I give my talk.
Separation Anxiety: This is a new experience for us. Ethan just won't be happy unless Alec or I are visible to him. And sometimes, even that is unacceptable. Take last Tuesday, for instance, while I was at YW. I'm the only one who can play the piano, so for opening exercises, I hand him over to the YW Pres - whom he loves and plays with all the time - so I can play the song. For the entire length of the song, he is SCREAMING... And the second he's handed back to me - silent. Ah, the joy....
Separation Anxiety: This is a new experience for us. Ethan just won't be happy unless Alec or I are visible to him. And sometimes, even that is unacceptable. Take last Tuesday, for instance, while I was at YW. I'm the only one who can play the piano, so for opening exercises, I hand him over to the YW Pres - whom he loves and plays with all the time - so I can play the song. For the entire length of the song, he is SCREAMING... And the second he's handed back to me - silent. Ah, the joy....

5 things to say...:
Amber get used to it little kids hit that stage. Zoe is at it right now. But the good thing is they get over it. Just hope he is one of the ones who get over it quickly. I am hoping Zoe will do the same. Kaleb didn't really have that stage in his life if he did it didn't last very long. But good luck and know that it does go away.
I didn't know you used cloth diapers! wow. You have a lot of patience. Gabe went through the "if you aren't holdin me something is wrong" thing. He learned to crawl and popped out two teeth and now all is better. I hope Ethan does the same.
Cloth diapers? I wouldn't even know how to begin using those!
And, I hope you stayed 'decent' during your talk. :)
That was a great entry. I think you were using a bad brand of diapers... lol. I would never use cloth, to me, that's gross. lol.
The stocking story, hilarious. I almost cried.
I totally know what you mean about being a mama's boy, but mine is a girl. :D
It's funny that everyone else commented on cloth diapers, and that is what we're going to do too! AMAZING! Probably saves a ton of money, we buy like $50 worth of diapers at least every month. We could've saved up for that cool new SIMS game if we just skipped a month ;)
Post a Comment