Saturday, October 11, 2008

Camping at Big Lake

This was an interesting and VERY fun weekend.... A much-needed break for Alec, and it was so fantastic for me to get outdoors - I didn't realize how long it's been and how much I've needed to see some sunshine! Despite the lateness of the season, we went camping with some of Alec's classmates at Big Lake State Park. It's about 90 miles north of KC, and very pretty. Here are some shots from the trip - as you can see, we were really roughing it! ;)

I was really worried about Ethan staying warm in the night.. 1 long-sleeved onesie, 1 pair stretchy pj pants, 1 pair regular pants, 1 pair socks, 1 hat, and one fuzzy footed pj later, I think he was okay...

The tents. Ours is technically the one in the center back, but a friend of ours traded us for the bigger one.. We could fit all three of us plus the pack 'n play in ours, but since she was only one person in that great big tent, we thought it made more sense to switch... What do you think?


Ethan's outdoorsy outfit...


His first time swinging - he REALLY loved it!


Hanging out by the fire.


Chillin' with "Uncle Ben" - one of Alec's classmates...


What, mom?


My froggy friend that lived behind the toilet..



Enjoying the breeze and the sun.


The lake we camped next to.


Ethan's first [I know, we're bad parents] experience with grass...

Yummy! :)


My TALL baby!

7 things to say...:

Nicole said...

How fun! It is so cold here now I couldn't image going camping.

Ethan is seriously so adorable. I could just squeeze him. I love that first picture of him, and I CAN'T believe he hasn't been on grass yet. lol. jk.

Sarah said...

Amber, Ethan is just so cute! He has the bluest eyes. I just love them. If looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Camping is always fun!

Jason said...

That sounds like great fun. And how tall is he now?

Matt and Erin said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun campout! Glad you were able to get away for a bit.

Brittney said...

wow he is getting so big! And he is just adorable! He is a great mix of you guys! How fun to go camping!

Richie said...

Ethan looks like he's ready to pose for the L.L. Bean fall catalog.

Jessy said...

You must have had so much fun! Ethan just keeps getting more adorable! oh and I think with the Guys we have married all of our children will be huge! I bet Ethan will be at least as tall as Alec, but probably more like Dave's height!