So, Ethan is one month old now - and a few days... He's officially too small for preemie clothes, and is back to his birth weight - yay!
We are surviving pretty well around here, but after what seems like one never-ending feeding interspersed with far too many hospital visits, I thought I would take a quick inventory of what we've actually accomplished this month:
1) Taxes filed- federal, and the THREE states [UT, MO, KS] we needed to file in. (Grrr.) We just got our refund back today - yay!
2) FAFSA completed for Alec... hopefully they will feel bad for us and give us lots of money.
3) A little car seat cover/bunting thing. This was actually one of the projects on my list the day Ethan was born. (It's reversible, the other side being just solid cream - but very soft and fuzzy).
4) Thank you notes for straggler gifts - finally!
5) I've been working on a project for the good people at Sericol. It's sort of an ongoing thing that I can do at home and be paid for, so that's nice.
6) I've started to make some headway on the missing decorations in the nursery. I've still got a long way to go though; newborns aren't exactly conducive to completing arts & crafts.
7) And my personal favorite: On February 7th - twelve days after giving birth - I was back into my pre-pregnancy jeans! (They're a little tighter than normal, but totally worth it!)
So, it turns out it's not really all that much, but I don't care - I feel great about it! :)
Below are some of my favorite pictures from the last month. Enjoy!


7 things to say...:
Ethan is so adorable and tiny! Odd bit of advice...I noticed that Ethan has the binky that the hospital gave him. Keep it! It was one of the best, and cheapest teething device for Lily. I told this to some other moms and they said their kids liked it too. I guess it is the rubber against the gums. Anyway, as I said he is a cutie and it looks like your hubby is quite involved with him! Yeah! I am so jealous that you have made it back into your pre-pregnancy jeans! You are so lucky!
Haha, I love the fourth picture up, stern ethan. I'm glad you're all doing well.
He is to cute, i love him so much!
You guys have a baby!!! Now we'll never play Settlers again!
He is just so sweet! I love to see pictures! They grow so fast it seems like. Take in every moment! Before long he will be 6 years old and going off to school!
I'm especially fond of the last photo, Ehtan babysitting Alec.
Amber-he is so cute! I too love the last pic. I can just see the amazement on Ethan's face. It's priceless! I'm constantly amazed how much expression a baby can have in thier face. I'm excited that you were able to get into your jeans so quickly. I tried after my second one, but the top rubbed my c-section insision so much I could take it anymore. I'm shocked you were able to make that car seat cover, especially with a baby. I couldn't sew a straight line if my life depended on it!
Post a Comment