Alec is so good to me. He's in crunch time right now getting ready for a show to tech next week, and between that and USITT he's basically only been home long enough to sleep 4-5 hours each night every day for the last two weeks. It's been taking quite a toll on Ethan and I.. Ethan's become quite the little terror - running around like a crazy person, needing all sorts of extra attention, being kind of violent - kicking, throwing, pinching, etc - and he still hasn't quite gotten back on track with his naps.. I would like to think that I'm handling it a bit better than he is, but I'm probably not.. So after I put him down last night, I came back to the computer and saw an email from Alec titled, "This is a Gift - Unwrap It." I, of course, proceeded to open the email. In it, he told me that he had arranged for a sitter for 3 hours today, and that I could have the car to go do whatever I wanted wherever I wanted! Seriously - does it get any better than that? I think not!
So - today came, and I was so happy when Melody got here at noon.. We packed Ethan up and she took him to the park where he was fitfully worn out. I, in the meantime, had a yummy scrummy surprise lunch date with Alec at Panera then dropped him off at the school and headed to the library - a quiet place with a beautiful view and free wi-fi. I spent the rest of my time just scrapping, messing around online, and having a totally carefree time. And what's better - after two long hours at the park, and some time playing at home, Ethan when straight down for a nap as soon as I walked in the door - double score!
Now tell me - is that not impressive for him to come up with all by himself? Probably the sweetest thing he's done for me. Ever. Thanks, babe - I owe you big time! :D

3 things to say...:
Glad he's such a good hubby. Also, I like your layout. But I'm a sucker for tulips, so that helps.
Wow! You sure lucked out with that guy! I love that even though you could go anywhere you still chose the library and your computer :D
That is so totally sweet! Just what every mommy needs, especially after the week it sounds like you had.
Post a Comment