Saturday, May 15, 2010

So Proud!

This post has been a L.O.N.G. time coming, but I'm SO glad it's finally here!  :D  Alec graduated on May 7th, and I couldn't have been prouder!  He spent the final days leading up to his graduation doing nothing but homework, preparing for a portfolio showcase in Chicago and otherwise being great.  It was decided that by the time he finally went to bed on Friday, he had been up and working for 55 hours..  What a champ!  I was pretty emotional about the whole thing - graduations always get to me - but I think I kept it under control pretty well.. And attention!  Best.Ceremony.Ever.  It was a mere 72 minutes from the time it started until we were in the car and on our way home again - and that was including taking pictures and such afterward - sweet!


Ethan crashed right before the event started {thankfully} and didn't wake up until all the clapping and cheering at the end.. Could it have been any better?

Two of the other sound designers - the third one didn't walk ..

My mom made Ethan a super cute cap and gown to match Alec, but he wasn't interested in wearing it at all.. Then, of course, the wind came along and tried to blow the darn thing away..
   
 



5 things to say...:

Jones said...

Congratulations to the graduates wife... who we all know is responsible for actually getting Alec through his Masters degree. And of course, to Alec, who has every right to be proud of a job well done. Kudos to you both.

Chrislynn said...

Congratulations!!!

Do you know where you are headed next? We would love to see you in July, just let us know when you are coming.

Jennie said...

Congrats! That's so great. What an accomplishment for you both. You are the one who had to be home alone dealing with a cute boy after all.

Jewelle said...

Congrats to Alec! I'm sure you all are glad to have the student stage done with.

Matt and Erin said...

hurray! congrats!