Sunday, February 21, 2010

... and we're back...

So, after a long break of non-existence, we're back on the scene... I finished 78 pages for Ethan's first book.. It covers the first six months of his life and I'm really happy with it - especially since 47 of those pages were completed in 10 days!  I tried to have the site share the book on this blog, but it couldn't do that without me making the blog be found by search engines and such, which I really didn't want.. so if you wanted to see them, you can check {most of} them out in my gallery HERE.  And here are just a few of my favorites..

 


 

 
 

Okay - so that was more than a few, but what can you do??  In other news, things here have been going mostly well.. Alec had a job interview with University of California - Irvine a couple weeks ago.  He feels like it went pretty well, and we should find out sometime this next week if they want him to progress to the next stage of interviews.. We're hoping and praying it works out, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see..  I try not to think about it too much, because that warm California sun just sounds too wonderful to pass up - but don't tell Alec I said that.. ;)

Ethan is just as crazy as ever, and we're definitely looking forward to warmer weather where he can run and play outside - and so are our downstairs neighbors.. oops..

Also - something kind of big - I got a new laptop.. :)  Our home computer has been dying a slow and torturous death - and believe me, it was very slow, and I felt like it was torturing me.. So for Valentine's, my birthday, our anniversary - and any other holiday that might require a gift for the next several months - we made the splurge and got one.. wanna see??


And this is where she lives.. :)

Anyway.. I guess that's really all that's going on here - exciting, I know.. so.. how about you??  :D

3 things to say...:

Jewelle said...

I cannot say this enough, I LOVE YOUR LAYOUTS.

Second of all you never told me it was Irvine! That is only an hour away from where Russ grew up. IF you moved there I might see you! :)

Third, PLEASE show us what your book looks like when it comes in. I'm dying to see the quality.

PS...good to have you back, as if you were ever "gone!"

Brittney said...

I LOVE LOVE your pages! So cute! Your little guy is so adorable! And congrats on a laptop! Isn't it funny how even us girls can get excited about electronics!

Mindy Curtis said...

You aree so cute and creative. Congrats on the new laptop. I have the same DELL in blue and I love it! :)