Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Long Time No See..

I know, I know.. it's been like 20 years since I've blogged, and this is going to have to be quick.. Kind of like journal writing, there's no use trying to catch up, just start where you are and do better.. and I promise I'll try to do better... :)

I'm still scrapping like a crazy lady. To see some of my pages, go HERE or HERE. I've started selling again, which is very exciting.. I've even made enough in the two weeks since my store opened that Alec is a little less upset at how much time I spend on the computer.. but only a little.. ;) Visit my store HERE. My scrapbooking blog has some freebies on it, as well... But since I know all ya'll I'm sure I could hook you up with some free kits, too.. ;)

Alec is still having a good time in school.. He's working on a show this month for a professional theatre here in town, so that's fun for him.. And he'll also be going to South Africa in about a month to start some preliminary work on a show they'll be doing there next year.. You'll have to ask him for the details - I always seem to get it wrong... :(

Ethan is as cute as ever.. He turned one at the end of January - I can't believe it! - and he's still a "big boy"... at 26 lbs 14 oz he's in the 91st percentile for weight, and 31 inches puts him in the 80th percentile for height. No wonder he started wearing 12 month clothes 4 months ago and now has moved on to 18 month clothes! ;) He's not quite walking, but close. He does really well when we're holding both of his hands, but he usually will only let Alec get away with only holding one hand.. It's been warm enough here (upper 60s to mid 70s) that we went to the park a couple of times last week.. It's really close to our apartment - not walking close, but close enough - and there's a kiddy section and a big kid section, so Ethan can crawl around and play without getting trampled by the older kids..

I've been trying - not very successfully - to do the 365 Project. Basically you take one picture every day and scrap it.. I started out doing it for both Ethan and then just general stuff - what we had for dinner that night, etc - but it hasn't worked out so well.. Mostly I just forget to take the stinking pictures.. Oh well.. The result has been a lot of great photos to scrap with. Here are some of my faves from the last month or so...




Well - I guess that's really all we've been doing.. And like I said, I'll try to be better at blogging more frequently (sorry Mom and Dad)....

5 things to say...:

Jason said...

I love the photo of Ethan chewing on the stick. He looks just like a LaBau there; could have been one of the brothers.

Troublemakers in Wenatchee said...

Wow he is getting so big. He is looking more and more like his parents as he gets bigger at least to me he is. Wow that is crazy he is a year old. Zoe will be one in a couple months and seems like I just had her. But that is neat that Alec gets to go to a new place for theatre purposes.

Melinda said...

Your Ethan is so cute! I can't believe he is one already. My Ethan will be five soon. I can't believe that he is that old either!

Your place looks so cute in the background of your pictures. The molding, trim, and wood floors are so nice! Is that an apartment, or did you buy a house?

Liz said...

I love the one with the water drops! That is one adorable kid you have. Maybe I'll see him before he starts elementary school... :)

Jennie said...

When did he get so big? He looks like a lot of fun. Just a warning though...walking on that slick wood floor is dangerous in socks or feety jammies. Clara was learning to walk in our kitchen with said wood floor and fell. Her lip was HUGE I mean REALLY HUGE for days and when the swelling finally went down we discovered she broke the corner off of her tooth. It was so sad. Needless to say she didn't walk for another 3 months. Anyway, Ethan is super cute and I'm sorry he has an ear infection. No fun!