Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trippple - Hittt

Ok - so I've been tagged on this same tag by three different people... so I guess I'd better own up and just do it!

6 Quirky Things About Me

  1. I have to check on Ethan right before I go to bed. There will be no changing into pajamas afterward, or locking doors, or turning off lights. It must be the last thing I do. If I check on him and then get distracted with something - going to find out what the cats have gotten into, for example - I must check on him again. And there is an order to the procedure: hand on torso to check for breathing, kiss on head (if I can reach - if not, elsewhere on body), "I love you," hold hand, look at lovingly for a time, go to bed. Alec thinks I'm nuts... oh well...
  2. When Alec is gone, I get really paranoid, and am constantly "planning" things. I always have my phone with me, the keys are always by the front door, and I run through what I'll do and in what order if we need to leave in a hurry - fire, intruder, tornado, etc. (Yeah, so I'm paranoid, what can I say?)
  3. Once I make a chart, I must live by it. And I cannot miss a single day of data entry. I chart how many downloads I get of my scrapbooking stuff each day, and I think I would just about die if I had to go to bed before doing that. But I LOVE charts! When we were hybrid feeding (breast and bottle) I made a chart of how much Ethan ate when, as well as naps - don't worry, everything was color coded.. When we went on our vacation this summer, it was really difficult for me not to bring the charts with me... And when we got home, I just had to say "no". In my defense, though, it really helped me figure out Ethan's general schedule... Oh! And when he was in the NICU, we had to chart "input" and "output" - yeah, we still have that one.. Yeah - I REALLY love charts! [And although I could go on and on about the charts I made for the box office at Lyric, I won't... but they were cool...]
  4. If I am reading something I automatically go into "edit/proofread mode". (Don't judge this or any other posts, please). At work a lot of times, I'll be asked to print out letters to send people, or brochures and whatnot, and several times I've had to restrain myself from going to the author - usually someone higher up the ladder than me - and suggesting changes. And we're not just talking a little punctuation or grammar, here... We're talking restructuring for better flow, or re-wording to avoid redundancy... What a nerd I am!
  5. ***Please don't take this the wrong way*** Sometimes when I'm driving, I just really want to swerve into oncoming traffic or off the side of a steep hill - just to see what would happen... I guess I'm just a freak that way...
  6. I've never really been a "team player." Not that I don't want other people to succeed, or that I don't want to do my part, I just don't want my part to be messed up by all the other unreliable slacker people out there! And in elementary school, I remember purposely waiting until everyone else had turned in their little art projects, or whatever, because I didn't want anybody to see mine and copy my great ideas... I'm so big-headed! When did this happen?
Anyway, so that's it... This exercise has helped me realize how truely OCD I am... hmmm.. oh well...

Now I tag: Macy, SarahBetts, Havilah, MelGo?, and anyone else I would have tagged already tagged me...

6 things to say...:

Jason said...

Though I'm sure mine aren't as pretty or colorful as yours, I definitely understand the charting impulse. I'm starting my first day as the primary music leader today and made myself a chart to keep track of how well the kids know each song. There are boxes to grade each verse and for overall comments.

Ditto the auto-edit feature (though I think mine comes more from teaching/grading experience).

Finally, you are NOT the only one who imagines, while driving, "what would happen if..." I think it's the one time I actually get a sense of what "impulsive" must feel like. Also probably why I'm such a nervous driver, imaging the dangerous potential in every speeding car.

Skye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skye said...

That is so funny! I am right there with you on #5. My crazy urges usually involve wondering what would happen if I pulled on the emergency break while going down the freeway at 70mph.

Nicole said...

That is too funny. I hope it was ok that I read it. Did you read mine?

I also wanted to tell you if you change your posts to show only 7 it won't take as long to load.

Brittney said...

I love all your quirks! gotta say I have to check on Tai before I go to bed to, make sure he is there breathing the whole thing! And I love that you proofread everything! Just don't read my blog- I'm always half paying attention when I write! Love it!

Melissa said...

I am not happy about being tagged... I will live with it however. But there are bigger fish to fry little friends! We are going to be in KC tonight and tomorrow! I am going to run the river front 10K! I want to meet Ethan you guys should come down and cheer me on and then our cute babies can meet and become bffs! Call me.