Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kickin' It Old School


So, before Ethan was born, I considered cloth diapering him, but then dismissed it as pure pregnancy craziness. However, about a month ago, after seeing some tv special about how bad disposables are for the planet (it's estimated they take 500 years to biodegrade) I've been thinking about it again. Then, the kicker came. Alec's cousin blogged about how she's been using cloth diapers for years and loving it. So, I decided to give it a try. And to tell the truth, I'm actually quite excited about it! Even to the point where I might try making my own... For the time-being though - seeing as it is a rather large initial investment to get all fancy - we're doing it the old-fashioned way. But before long, Ethan will have a Cuddle-Doodle-Fuzzi-Bummis-Heiny, and he will LOVE it! I must say, it kind of gives me warm fuzzies to think that I'm "providing" for my family this way... taking us back to the olden-days - you know, like when my parents were young. Who knows, next I'll be churning my own butter!

5 things to say...:

Orange said...

That's awesome that you are trying it! I hope you like the cloth dipes. Pat that cute little padded bum for me. :)

Havilah said...

We did cloth diapers for Ruth for about 6 months. We loved it! I can't remember exactly why we stopped...Good Luck!

Jewelle said...

That is great Amber! I would try, but I have no washing machine. Who wants to handwash all those diapers? If you are doing that, all I can do is applaud you!
~Jewelle

Anna Wilson said...

I thought about it, strickly because disposables are sooooo.....expensive. Let me know how it goes, I would be interested in giving it a try.

Huber Family said...

Way to go Amber! I am amazed! I don't think that I would even dream of trying!