Well... Here we are!!!
After an extremely exciting (boring and long) drive from Utah, we made it. To make a long story short, we got into our apartment (finally) by signing the lease and then taking a first look at it. It's beautiful! :) It's in a building that used to be a hotel in the early 1900's. It's been a bit worn down, and unloved, and there were a TON of cobwebs, critters, and dusties everywhere, but we've made a little (1600 sq/ft) home of it. (The pictures are some of the beautiful architectural detailing of the apartment as well as our sunroom that I'm still at a loss as to what to do with).
After an extremely exciting (boring and long) drive from Utah, we made it. To make a long story short, we got into our apartment (finally) by signing the lease and then taking a first look at it. It's beautiful! :) It's in a building that used to be a hotel in the early 1900's. It's been a bit worn down, and unloved, and there were a TON of cobwebs, critters, and dusties everywhere, but we've made a little (1600 sq/ft) home of it. (The pictures are some of the beautiful architectural detailing of the apartment as well as our sunroom that I'm still at a loss as to what to do with).
We've spent most of our time here unpacking - Alec has been going to school and really enjoying it, so really I've done most of the unpacking, but we made a deal when we were still in Logan that since he did most of the packing while I worked, I would unpack while he got educated. (It's better this way anyway, because now things are where I want them.)
The cats are adjusting pretty well. They didn't like the drive or the hotel rooms one bit, and it took a day or so for them to decide this was an okay place to live. Max still gets a little lost because it's so big, but we never said he was a rocket scientist kitty. Sasha's favorite activity is terrorizing the pigeons that live outside our bedroom window, but as long as she stays inside, I'm okay with that.
We went to a KC Cheifs football game last week. One of Alec's professors has season tickets that he gives to the students when he can't make a game. They lost miserably, but it was still fun to hang out with some of the other students in the program.

5 things to say...:
YOU GUYS! Your apartment is so amazing. It almost makes me want to move to the midwest...almost.
Plants! That's what you put in the sun room. Make it this wonderful nature abode, perhaps with a lawn chair or two as well, so you can read in there and relax with a cool drink.
Thanks for the pictures and update on your move. The place looks amazing. We'll look forward to more blog postings.
Hey! I'm glad you guys are settling in. School starts for me on Tuesday so this will probably be my last comment on your blog for the next two years, but Chrislynn's pretty good about keeping in touch. We love you and hope things continue to go well. What a beautiful house you guys are in!
Your apartment looks more interesting than my house. I'm jealous.
Your apartment is fantastic! I am glad the kitties are still doing well. How are you, Amber?
Post a Comment